Sunday, April 24, 2011

What have you given for Me?

There's this very crucial discussion that is usually left out during Easter celebrations and today, I couldn't miss it even if I wanted to.
There's this hymn that is titled "I gave my Life for Thee" and the whole point of the hymn is after all the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross, what sacrifice are we making for Him or what are we giving for Him and to Him?

It goes thus:

I gave my life for thee
My precious blood I shed
That thou might ransomed be
And quickened from the dead
I gave my lifer for thee;
What hast thou given for Me?

My Father's house of light
My glory-circled throne
I left for earthly night
For waanderings and lone
I left it all for thee;
What hast thou left for Me?

I suffered much for thee
More than thy tongue can tell
Of bitterest agony
To rescue thee from hell
I've borne it all for thee;
What hast thou borne for Me?

And I have brought to thee
Down from My home above
Salvation full and free
My pardon and my love
I bring rich gifts to thee;
What hast thou brought to Me?






I guess it's just simple. The sacrifice Jesus made for us was wort it. What are we doing to appreciate that sacrifice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts